Monday, February 21, 2011

Mocha Monday #1

I love mochas--and this is my favorite place to get a 16 oz skinny mocha. And they are reduced in price on Mondays!! It's a perfect way to start a new week and do a little reflecting:

looking out the window . . . it is 28 degrees, frosty gray, and some of the weekend's snow still remains

I am thinking . . . how lucky I am to be enjoying retirement (pure contentment!) And I'm also thinking about that mocha I'll be getting later--mmm!

from the kitchen . . . steelcut oatmeal is simmering, starting out with a healthy breakfast

I am hearing . . . the purring of the new furnace warming our home

around the house . . . are lots of pictures of my family--immediate and extended, past and present

I am creating . . . the 4th block of my sampler quilt

a funny thing . . . is when our big dog, Cooper, watches TV

I am remembering . . . the wonderful weekend having lunch with 2 friends, and fabric shopping with my mom and sister

one of my favorite things . . . getting up early--before my husband or the sun--when everything is really quiet and still

I am reading . . . White Oleander, by Janet Fitch--It's realistic fiction about a girl's unfortunate life through a series of foster homes.

for the upcoming week . . . I am finally getting the oil changed in my car. And I want to get started on my 5th block for my sampler quilt.

I am hoping . . . to finish sewing the stack of fleece bathrobes that I cut out (trying to reduce my stash of fleece!)

from my pictures . . . Cooper and Maggie are good buddies and share everything!

No comments: