Monday, October 17, 2011

Mocha Monday #5

Lovely fall days are here--so refreshing following the hot, dry summer. I am currently in solid "sewing/crafting mode" as the first holiday bazaar is less than three weeks away.

But first things first. I need to get a chicken stewing for homemade chicken noodle soup tomorrow. And on my way back from the post office, there just happens to be my favorite coffee shop--Moxie Java--so will be stopping in for a steamy skinny mocha. Yum!

I am thinking . . . that it's high time to pull out my scarecrows and pumpkins!

looking out the window . . . the leaves on our Autumn Blaze maple are turning a brilliant red.

from the kitchen . . . a mug of hot tea to warm up this chilly morning.

I am going . . . to be pricing all of the items I've been sewing, crocheting, creating in preparation for the Christmas bazaars.

I am reading . . . The Sun Road, by Hannah MacDonald. It's kind of depressing in places, but still very good--all about the effects of secrets within a family. I recently finished The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. What an excellent book! I want to see the movie.

around the house . . . little (and big) stacks of my projects waiting to be priced and packed into tubs.

one of my favorite things . . . watching a good college football game with my husband on our HD TV--especially when it's Boise State!!

from my pictures . . . I am so proud of my son Bobby. He has matured into a very considerate and compassionate young man. He recently completed his BS in media production and is now looking for work. Bobby is feeling a little discouraged because of the bad job situation. My prayer is that he does find the right job and launches into a much deserved life of contentment.

No comments: